|Strømstad harbor as seen in a 4 photos stitched version (iphone6+)|
At Strömstad, there was a small fishing village known as Strömmen. The town got small privileges as a merchant town (köping) shortly thereafter, which seems to have made it expand, because it is documented to have gotten a charter in 1676 by King Charles XI of Sweden, although some documents show it was already considered a city in 1672.
|A moment of romance in the late autumn in the harbour|
At the time it had a population of 300 inhabitants. But soon the fishing blossomed, and its population increased to 1,100 by 1805. The late 18th century also saw the spa and bathing attract visitors, a position it kept throughout the 19th century. By 1917, its population was 2,949 inhabitants.
|The church in Strømstad . 1817-1820.|
Ref. text: WIKI
Photos: Jack R. Johanson / iphone6+