November 26, 2013

A vineyard walk around Collioure in November

A walk in the Vineyards of Collioure in November is interesting as the harvest is over and the fields without grapes looks a little "lost".

Still the landscape is there and especially in the hilled landscape around Collioure your tour offers a great landscape to explore.

In this 2 photos stitched you will see the Alberes mountains at the left and to the right the small fortification Fort St. Elme.

Some more of collioure wines from the net:
Red Collioure is characterized by its intensely ripe, fruit aromas and elements of spice, while the white version is the richest of French white wines, full-bodied and deeply perfumed.

Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre make up 60% of any Collioure blend, with Carignan and Cinsaut forming the remaining 40% in varying proportions. Mourvedre is not part of the Banyuls wine blend, so all Mourvedre grapes grown here are intended for Collioure wines. The rose wines are made from these same principal grapes, but with an addition of up to 30% Grenache Gris. Collioure white wines – a new addition to the appellation's output, as mentioned above – are made predominantly from Grenache Blanc and Grenache Gris.

The wines from this part of France are evocative of the landscapes where they are grown. The villages and vineyards of Cerbere, Collioure, Port-Vendres and Banyuls are popular tourist destinations, perched on high cliff tops overlooking the western Mediterranean below.

(Published by Wine-Searcher.com | Last updated 24-Feb-2013 by Wine-Searcher Staff).

No comments: